So it's (sort of) a new semester for me. I'm starting late, as school's been in session for almost two months now, but I'd like to have a record of my college years to look back on later. I don't expect any major traffic through here, as writing here is mainly for my own satisfaction.
The semester began very shakily - there were so many complications that ended up having me enrolled in 3 different colleges. So now, I'm running between two campuses on weekdays, and 3 every week. It's not as bad as it sounds, but it's not much fun either. Also for this reason, I haven't had much time to identify with one campus or immerse myself in a single environment, which I would have liked to do. I do identify most with Fullerton college, as that's where I want to go when all this 3 campus business is over with, but even driving is robbing me of my time.
I also started cello again this semester. Although I've been playing for a couple years now, I took a huge break (of about half a year) and forgot so much. My hands are now remembering what they're supposed to do, so all is not lost. Right now I'm working on a concerto for 2 cellos composed by vivaldi. It's pretty intense, and I'm the cello with the easy part. My stand partner has something really complicated, which gives me a headache just to read. There's also a piano accompaniment, and I'm not really sure who I can get to play it, but I'm sure we'll find somebody before concert date in december.
I've recently become addicted to crunchyroll.com and all their Japanese and Korean dramas they have to offer. Recently I've watched 14sai no haha (about a 14 year old girl who gets pregnant), 1 liter of tears (a girl who is slowly paralized due to a cerebellum problem), My Boss, My Hero (a comedy about a 27 year old japanese gangster who is forced to go to high school), and some other stuff. Once I start something and enjoy it, I have to finish it, often all at once : S
Oh, also, my birthday is in 2 days, and I'm very much looking forward to it. I just want to leave my teen years behind me, hehe. I know 20 isnt considered a landmark birthday, but for me, I believe it is. In the future, it'll probably represent the age that I stopped messing around and really focused on school and my future. Because I used to have problems with focusing and finishing things, it's a big change in my life.
I do owe a lot to Yusuke, my boyfriend, because he's encouraged me very much these past few months. He says things that just seem to give me energy to finish what I started, or motivation to start new projects. He lives in Japan, so it's often difficult to have the feeling of being together, but it's worth it.
So instead of having a new years resolution (it's too far off!) I'll have a couple birthday resolutions. Do well in school (a given), and don't fall into hermit-hood, which i've done a lot in the past. Also, I want to make myself more available to new things. I have this mindset which just says 'do this now, and then get it over with' instead of enjoying the road. I want to enjoy little things, smile at people, get to know them, etc.
Let's see how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment